Linux Partition demystified on Windows

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


It was a tedious task to access files from my linux partition through Windows! I's looking for some post that would give me the set of commands needed to  mount an unknown partition on Windows. Finally, this small app, gave me the relief...  Using Ext2 IFS for Windows I can assign a drive letter to my ext2 partition and can access any files without the hassle of rebooting to Linux. 

In addition it facilitates "write" operation on the ext2 partition using simple copy,paste.  Infact if you are running out of disk space, you can improvise on the swap space that is created during linux installation. The swap space can similarly be assigned a drive letter for easy access. 

All's required is a 1.39MB download for this freeware. Just follow the link and get those unknown chunks recognised in Windows! 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP